Accessibility Statement for Cherington Parish Council
Cherington Parish Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. Our accessibility standards were judged through self-examination and by our internet service provider and design agency.
Measures to support accessibility:
Cherington Parish Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Publish materials in clear, legible and where possible simple form, both online and on physical media
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Cherington Council is conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, which means we are aware that parts of the website aren’t fully accessible. These include but may not be limited to:
- some documents such as the Annual Governance Statement and Councillors’ Register of Interests forms. These are not accessible as they have been scanned. [They have been published in this way because they are required to be published as a signed document]
- some documents may not be fully accessible, but are based on standard templates/documents provided, for example, by the district council or National Association of Local Councils.
The accessibility regulations don’t require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services, but we try to be helpful and would welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this site, so please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers which we can help you to address:
- Phone: 07884 265117
- Email the Clerk via the Contact email address
- Use Postal address:
Cherington Parish Clerk,
35 Chavenage Lane,
We usually respond to feedback within 7 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Cherington Parish Council website is designed to be compatible with:
- Mobile Phones
- PC and Mac Computers
- All Tablet devices
- All known Browsers
- Screen Readers
Accessibility of relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Cherington Parish Council